According to the UK Tea Council 96% of all the tea drunk in the UK comes from tea bags. At Nothing But Tea we fervently believe that the best tea tasting is brewed from loose leaf and, chances are, if you are browsing our site, that you do too. The tiny 4% of tea drunk in the UK prepared from loose tea covers thousands of different types - from rather standard supermarket English Breakfast tea to superlative hand made silver needles, from Bolivian jasmine greens to rare Chinese puerhs. But, unless you are lucky enough to live close to a speciality tea store, you may find it difficult to purchase the loose teas you particularly want. That’s where buying on the web is so empowering – you get the choice of thousands of teas from hundreds of sites – the advantage of immediate access, day or night, every day of the year – and the convenience of choosing, paying and receiving your tea without venturing out in the rain.
Nothing But Tea set up its internet site nine years ago when we spotted the trend of interest in drinking speciality teas. We started with just a few teas and now we have around 200 types plus tea accessories and books. When we started there were only a couple of speciality tea sites, now there are many, which shows at least that we recognised a good thing. However, we welcome competition because it keeps us on our toes and we know that wide choice, consistent tea quality and unfailing customer service will always retain loyal customers. So, whether you prefer to stay with one favourite tea or to experiment with new and different origins, we welcome you to our specialty tea store.